ADC Festival of Art + Craft in Advertising and Design: Inspiration in Review
The ADC held its Annual Festival of Art + Craft in Advertising and Design this past week in Miami Beach for three days of creative inspiration, and to honor the winners of the 2014 Tomorrow Awards and 93rd Annual Awards. DGC was front row for all of the action, including getting our hands dirty in festival workshops and celebrating alongside award winners each night. Check out the festival kick off video with an introduction by ADC Executive Director Ignacio Oreamuno: http://vimeo.com/91320186
This event is the only beachside festival in North America for the commercial creative industries, championing craft and delivering on its founding mission of elevating advertising to the same standards as fine art. It’s incredible what ADC Executive Director Ignacio Oreamuno and his team put together for 300 creative professionals.
Here are our favorite moments of inspiration:
- Sculpting a Lionel Richie head with Barcelona-based design studio duo Hungry Castle
- Building our ‘Agency of the Future’ with award-winning architect Clive Wilkinson
- Immersing ourselves in a one of kind artistic masterpiece with Miami-based artist KAZILLA
- Screening the premiere of ‘InspirADCion,’a short film series profiling industry luminaries. The first in the series was the legendary Lee Clow, Chairman of TBWA\Chiat\Day
- Experiencing the world premiere of Laser Cat, Hungry Castle’s giant feline-shaped installation that projects art from its eyes with lasers
- Celebrating with award winners of the 2014 Tomorrow Awards, ADC 93rd Annual Awards Night One and Night Two
For a recap of each day’s workshops, take a look here: http://vimeo.com/adcglobal
ADC has its finger on the pulse of creativity. It understands the intersection of art, craft and inspiration needed to take creativity to the next level. To find out more about ADC’s mission, check out adcglobal.org.