So Many Events, So Little Time: SXSWi 2015
From once a small, under-the-radar conference geared at early-adopter techies to now one of the digital media and marketing world’s most highly anticipated events, SXSW Interactive (#SXSWi) 2015 kicks off this week (March 13-17) in Austin, Texas.
With the entire media and tech community heading south to experience the best Austin has to offer (and we aren’t just talking about the conference sessions but also the live music, great restaurants and margaritas!), there’s plenty for everybody to enjoy. Whether you’re a 2015 conference attendee or tracking the action online, you can truly tailor your experience depending on your vantage point.
This year, SXSW Interactive includes more than 800 total sessions as well as dozens of competitions, exhibits, and networking events. This scale of programming means that identifying big-picture trends can be challenging but the DGC team will be on the ground to help report on all that is happening at SXSW via our blog and social channels. Here are just some of the events we’re looking forward to covering:
Jingle Punks, a custom-music agency, will be parked at 717 East 7th Street from March 14-17 in a fully functioning recording studio airstream trailer, which will be the shop’s temporary office, recording studio and meeting place during the festival. It will also be well stocked with whiskey.
GSD&M, new to the DGC roster and based in Austin, has its Co-Founder, Chairman Roy Spence on a panel about Right Brain Leadership on Sunday, March 14. Spence now leads The Purpose Institute as CEO. The Purpose Institute helps leaders and organizations discover, articulate and align all stakeholders around a genuine and authentic purpose at the heart of the entity.
Later the same day, join Robbie Whiting who leads creative technology and production at Argonaut (a full service ad agency and a division of Project Worldwide) for a panel that asks—what if marketers wanted to be evil? How hard could it be in the age of the “always on consumer?”
By Monday, GSD&M is back in the spotlight for a panel called, “Cultures of Advocacy: People, Product and Change” and on Tuesday, when the shop’s director of decision sciences, Jonathan Hart challenges the status quo of daily web content.
Other cool events on our radar include:
- Mapmyfitness with Robin Thurston, Under Armour Connected Fitness SVP Digital & Connected Fitness
- MTV World’s “Love & Sex,” the network’s provocative new transmedia series
- IBMis doing a lot with its event agency George P. Johnson:
- IBM Trade Show Booth at Convention Center: A 20×30 booth featuring the Urban Art Cloud, Watson enablement and a Softlayer (IBM owned cloud service) server challenge
- IBM Lounge @ Hilton (Room 406) featuring BlueMix synchronized light show and make your own mix activity with IBM ear bud give aways. Additional Eggbot/stress ball activity using IBM technology. Charging stations, soft seating, beverages and snacks
- Three IBM surround events at the Radisson Town Lake all taking place Monday March 16: (6 PM event open to non-badge holders)
To keep abreast of these and other happenings, follow @DiGennaro and our colleagues who will be in Austin: @SamDiGennaro, @ErinDonahue, @Mary_Liz, @SaraHogan