Posted by the HIT board
A group of DGCers is heading to Austin, TX, for SXSW Interactive again this year (March 9-13), and since they are now “experienced” attendees, we asked them what people should know to get the most they can from the experience, which seems to get more overwhelming each year.
Tips for attending:
- Don’t be afraid to approach speakers after attending their sessions. It’s all about networking—go shake hands!
- Pace yourself. There is a LOT to see and do. Study the schedules (panels as well as parties) and prioritize to make the most of your experience.
- Missed the daily keynote because you were busy networking? Check it out online at http://sxsw.com/interactive/live.
- Attend parties. There are many that are free and open to anyone with a badge (for a guide click here: http://austin.sanfranfreesco.com/event/filter?tagFilter=26). Try to attend:
- The Mix at Six presented by Can We Network (3/9, 6pm)
- The Interactive Opening Party presented by frog design and Microsoft (3/10, 8pm)
- Mashable SXSWi House 2012 (3/11, 9pm)
Despite the high-tech atmosphere, it’s a good idea to take lots of business cards with you. Yes, the print kind. Maybe Freshbooks and Shoeboxed will collaborate again as they did last year. This article tells how their brilliant promotion helped attendees organize all those wonderful new contacts people made at SXSW.
And check back here at The Hit Board which will be updated regularly by the on-site DGC team with trends, attendee insights and more.