It can be all too easy to lose sight of the big picture in our “have to,” ultra-packed, always-connected day-to-day workflow that has the power to both energize and tire out the average advertising executive. Where is the industry going? What are the key issues that are re-shaping the business?
Enter Advertising Week, the industry’s once-a-year, week-long event that brings together the brightest minds from brands, agencies, tech companies, startups, etc. to take that much-needed step back and have the broader, high-level conversations that are as needed as they are rare. Next week kicks off the 12th Advertising Week, and it will no doubt continue to spark the exciting conversations and ideas that have made it the coveted tent pole industry event it has become.
As always, DGC will be on-site, supporting a vast array of clients at this year’s festivities and tweeting, Instagram-ing, Facebooking and Hit-Boarding (read: blogging) about the most exciting news and insights offered by this year’s incredible roster of speakers – which includes Sir Martin Sorrell, Gloria Estefan, Elizabeth Vargas and Ryan Seacrest, to name just a few.
Here are some of the sessions we will be attending:
- Do Brands Still Matter — Monday, 10:00am at the Liberty Theater
- Capitalizing on Mobile Video — Monday, 10:00am at Times Center Stage
- Breaking Down Social and Mobile — Monday, 2:05pm at the Grand Hyatt New York
- Connecting in a Mobile World: A Conversation with Sheryl Sandberg — Tuesday, 10:00am at Times Center Stage
- Frito Lay: The Intersection of Marketing & Technology — Tuesday, 10:15am at Liberty Theater
- People, Not Pages: What Does “Buying Audiences” Mean for Media and Marketers — Tuesday, 2:00pm at the Metropolitan Pavilion
- Stories of Creative Invention — Tuesday, 3:00pm at B.B. King
- Getting Away: Inside the Vacation Mentality — Wednesday, 3:00pm at B.B. King
- Are We On Target?: Making The Most Of Mobile’s Unique Power — Thursday, 9:15am at the Metropolitan Pavilion
- The Instagram Effect — Thursday, 10:00am at Times Center Stage
- WIRED CMOs — Thursday, 12:00pm at the NASDAQ
- Two Start-Ups, One Mission — Thursday, 4:30pm at Times Center Hall